- Enhance the capabilities of faculty, the staff of UNO-R agriculture teachers and target HEIs by providing training for online instructional materials, workshops, hands-on and wet laboratory activities and value formation on the development of quality, excellent and inclusive and sustainable e-learning materials and coursewares.
- Upgrade their knowledge, skills, and technology through the establishment of IT infrastructure and field trial farms or virtual farms to make farming education and training faster to adopt and apply new knowledge for the improvement of farm productivity, efficiency, effectiveness.
- Improve learning environment and strategies to access eLearning resources among actors in HEI and industry in the local, regional, national and international levels by forging linkages and partnerships for these will promote sustainability of quality agricultural education, reduce poverty, food security, inclusive growth, and climate change preparedness.
- Increase growth in agricultural program enrolment by retooling the agriculture academic program that is relevant to the present need of 21stcentury higher education and by providing web presence with intensive marketing and branding management activities prior the opening of the Academic year 2017-2018.
Following the approval of the proposal by CHED, several consultations were done to strategize the implementation and management of the project. The said discussions produced the ROLEX Project Implementation Plan and the ROLEX Project Management Plan. The plans are to be implemented by the ROLEX Project Implementation Team and the ROLEX Project Management Team.
ROLEX Project Implementation Deliverables
ROLEX Project Implementation Plan covers 12 months where 12 deliverables were identified, foremost the essence of which is the following:
- Retooling of the BS Agriculture Curriculum to produce a blended curriculum that would meet the needs of the region for expertise in food production;
- 12 ICT (e-learning coursewares);
- A distance education portal;
- Various research activities; and
- Building up of an extension highway and a network of partners and stakeholders that will define the role of UNO-R in promoting a more accessible and relevant quality education and a higher quality of life for all.
To achieve what it promises to deliver, this ROLEX Project Implementation Plan is at this moment presented. The plan is to be carried out by two teams: ROLEX Project Administrative Team who shall review and approve the work plan and output of the ROLEX Project Development and Management Team who shall work on the deliverables and ensure that they are achieved and developed on time according to the qualities and standards of UNO-R and CHED.
The ROLEX Project Administrative Team is composed of:
- University President
- Vice President External
- Vice President Academic Affairs
- Vice President Finance
- ROLEX Program Director
ROLEX Project Development and Management Team is composed of:
Rolex Program Director and Head of Courseware Development – the overall in-charge of the project, including the retooled Agriculture curriculum and the e-learning courseware development;
- Head for Portal/Webpage Development and Management – the overall in-charge of the development of the e-learning portal and the management of the web page for the distance learning component of the blended curriculum;
- Head for Demonstration Farm Development and Management – the overall in-charge of the development and management of the organic farm that is to show as the example for e-learning and entrepreneurship component of the blended curriculum;
- Head for Branding and Marketing – the overall in-charge for the communications package needed to market the program within the region, within the nation, and globally; and
- Head for Linkages and Partnership Development – the overall in-charge for building the network of partners and stakeholders who shall contribute to and benefit from the project.